Followers

Monday 12 August 2024

2834 Endless (English poetry)

Hindi version 2832

I watched you through the night, my eyes awake, so deep,

That intoxication lingered, in my soul, a lasting sweep.

Once I held your hand, and on that path we did embark,

With eyes shut tight, I walked with you, through the dark.

You spoke your words and went ahead, down the road you chose,

I stood behind, pondering still, on what you said, and froze.

Life dragged on like living death, without a single spark,

Without you, I wandered lost, down a lonely, endless arc.

Like a statue turned to stone, frozen where I stood,

It felt as though someone had died, in that silent wood.

When you left, all fell apart, I wandered aimlessly,

No place to call my own, no home, just roaming endlessly.

"Geet," when fear gripped your heart, from the world's sharp gaze,

The truth is, I too felt that fear, lingering in a haze.

No comments: