Followers

Sunday 25 August 2024

2849 Then write me a letter (English poetry)

When memories of the night take flight, then write me a letter.

Or the first rain’s sight, then write me a letter.


When we walked hand in hand down the road in delight,

If you recall our fight, then write me a letter.


When dreams we built seem distant and out of sight,

In moments of plight, then write me a letter.


When you left the village for a future so bright,

Missing that simple light, then write me a letter.


When you sense people’s intentions aren’t quite right,

Of their hidden spite, then write me a letter.


When you met me with love, gentle and light,

Of those moments so tight, then write me a letter.


In games of life, when we chose not to fight,

If defeat feels right, then write me a letter.


When the dreams of ‘Geet’ take flight in the night,

Of those deep feelings’ height, then write me a letter.

4.5pm 25 August 2024

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice ji