Followers

Monday 14 October 2024

2899 Don't ask (English poetry)

Hindi version 2851

Punjabi version 2898

What life’s been like since we’ve been apart, don’t ask,

If I can even live without my heart, don’t ask.


All day I spent just lost in thought and strife,

Why there’s such madness from the start, don’t ask.


Since I saw them, my heart’s a tale untold,

How their cheeks flushed with crimson art, don’t ask.


When our eyes met, my words just disappeared,

The depth of my regret’s still sharp, don’t ask.


Without you here, how can I bear the pain?

One day feels like a year apart, don’t ask.


The wounds you left still bleed, my heart’s on fire,

How long I’ll burn within this part, don’t ask.


A simple soul, but caught in webs they weave,

How they ensnared me in their chart, don’t ask.


Each verse I write bleeds pain from deep inside,

The magic of these lines depart, don’t ask.


3.51pm 14 Oct 2024




No comments: